I’m like most people in that I LOVE the season of fall! The cooler air, the nice breeze, the leaves changing (except not so much in FL), the pumpkins, Halloween, and of course, all of the fun activities there are to do. I figured I’d take a break from real estate-related posts and do something fun, so here’s a list of some of my favorite fantastic fall activities!
- Haunted Houses/Forests/Theme Parks: I am a chicken when it comes to haunted attractions, but I LOVE them still! They get me more ready for Halloween, provide lots of laughs, and make me feel like a kid again. Whether it’s a house, a forest, or theme park haunted attractions, you can’t go wrong! In the Tampa Bay area, you can find all three. One of my favorites is Hallowscream because there’s several different-themed haunted houses, and you can also still ride the coasters and other rides! It’s a two-for-one and so much fun!
- Pumpkin Patches and Carvings: I have so many good memories from visiting pumpkin patches. You can go on hayrides, find your pumpkin, and even pet lots of animals. Many pumpkin patches around here also feature good food, art/craft booths, and other fall-related activities like apple picking. Of course, my favorite part is probably actually getting to carve a pumpkin. I enjoy deciding on how I want my pumpkin to look, emptying its guts, and carving it to be set out front. Nothing says I’m ready for Halloween like a Jack-o-Lantern!
- Decorating the Home: I am obsessed with decorating for holidays. When it hit October 1st, you better believe that my fall and Halloween decorations were put out! There’s just so many cute and cozy things you can decorate with for fall, as well as so many variations. I’ve seen a lot of the fake white pumpkins being used this year, in addition to the orange ones, and it looks AMAZING! I enjoy my leaf-shaped holders that I put potpourri in. For whatever reason, no matter what pieces are used to decorate, it always seems to make me feel more at peace.
- Halloween Gatherings: I’m an adult, but still get as excited as I did when I was a kid (maybe even more) to dress up as something for Halloween. Parties and get-togethers allow me to still come up with a creative and/or funny costume to wear to celebrate. I also love getting together to celebrate Halloween because there are so many ways you can make food Halloween-themed. For instance, last year I made mummified jalapeno poppers. Not only did they look adorable, but they were a huge hit for their taste! That’s a win-win in my book.
- Hiking: With the nice fall breeze and warm sun still shining through, fall gives the perfect weather for hikes/walks. You can enjoy a walk without being bundled up, and also without sweating like crazy. Even my dogs seem to enjoy walks more this time of year! Hiking also gives you more access to the changing leaves, which is probably the one thing I miss about Maryland. If you’ve never ventured out of FL to see the fall leaves, DO IT…DO IT NOW! It is a sight to see!
There’s so many other fall activities I enjoy, but these are definitely my favorites! What do you love to do during the season of fall??